Perhaps the fastest growing trend in digital marketing is blogging! Around 6.7 million people now blog on blogging sites, with a further 12 million blogging via social networks. In addition, most businesses now place great import in maintaining their own blog; indeed, surveys have found that consumers feel 60% more positive about a company after reading their original blog posts.
So this week's Rules of (Social) Engagement is here to show you how beneficial a blog can be to your fundraising campaign, plus we give you tips on how to write a great blog post.
We start first with the main reasons why:
1. A Blog will drive traffic to your website/fundraising page, maximising the views your campaign will obtain.
2. It is a simple way to connect and share information with your audience.
3. Most blogs are free to set-up and can serve as an effective tool in marketing your campaign, by sharing your blog posts on your own social media channels.
Now the why:
1. Write eye-catching titles and headlines - Remember! The headline is the first thing your audience sees, therefore it must be eye-catching.
2. Open with a bang - Your first few sentences must entice the reader into reading the rest of the post.
3. Use engaging visuals - They make your post more appealing, and have been found to greatly increase your views.
4. Social media friendly - People like to share interesting content on their social media channels, so make sure your blog can be easily shared which will increase your readership.
5. Make it personal - Your blog will be more engaging if your writing reflects your personality.
Let us know if you are already an avid blogger and if you think it has been useful to your campaign :)
This is the official blog of Kapipal. Check back often for updates on what's new at Kapipal, as well as ways to make your campaign shine! As always, we value your feedback, so please don't be shy — comments are encouraged!